Call Us Icon
519.742.5800 Facebook Icon Instagram Icon Twitter Icon LinkedIn Icon YouTube Icon


Canada Post
Change your address online or visit your local Post Office.

Driver’s Licence
You must notify the MTO within 6 days of moving. Use the ServiceOntario online form or take the change of information form that comes with your license to a ServiceOntario Kiosk, Driver & Vehicle Licence Issuing Office or mail.

Bell Canada
For new service or to transfer existing service, the homeowner must contact Bell. The reason for this is to establish credit history (to determine if a deposit is required). They will also need to know what services are required i.e. call waiting, call return, call answer, etc. There is a service charge for reconnection.

Rogers Cable
1-888-764-3771 (Press 1, then press 4)
Visit the website and go to Customer Service and then click on “Moving”. The homeowner must call or modify their account information online. To transfer you will need to book an appointment for the technician to come to the new address for installation.

Kitchener Utilities, Gas & Water 
Call, fax or email for new service or to transfer an existing service, including rental hot water heaters. By submitting the new information, the City of Kitchener will also establish the records for the new property taxes.

Kitchener-Wilmot Hydro 
Contact for new service or to change your address in person or by internet or fax. You may be required to make a deposit – determined on an individual basis. 
Communities include Kitchener, Baden, Foxboro Green, Haysville, New Dundee, New Hamburg, Mannheim, Petersburg, 
Phillipsburg, St. Agatha, Wilmot Centre.

Union Gas 
1-888-774-3111 (Press 2, then press 1)
The same contact information applies to all of Ontario. For new service or to transfer your service you can call, transfer online, or fax to 1-877-443-0449. The homeowner will need to provide the following information: birth date, social insurance number, employer and phone number, and the new home phone number. Billing is monthly. There will be a transfer fee on the first bill.

Waterloo North Hydro
Call, fax to 519-746-0133 or apply via the website. Office is open Monday to Friday 8:30-4:30. When transferring service, simply contact them with the new address. Service covers City of Waterloo, Township of Wellesley and Township of Woolwich.

City of Waterloo Water  
1-888-774-3111 (Press 2, then press 1)
City of Waterloo Revenue Services, 519-747-8718 or

Cambridge Hydro & Water
This can be done on line or by phone or via fax 519-621-7420.  
Note: new service applications must be made at least 48 hours prior to the move.
Communities include: Ayr, Roseville, Reidsville, Innanen, Riverview, Ranchlands, Branchton, Clyde, etc.

Woolwich Township Water & Sewer  
519-669-1647 ext. 6018 (Water Billing)
Communities include Bloomingdale, Breslau, Conestogo, Elmira, Heidelberg, Maryhill, St. Jacobs, West Montrose and Winterbourne.


  • Business Accounts
  • Banks
  • Finance Companies
  • Credit Cards
  • Insurance Agents
  • Housekeeping Service
  • Utilities & Services
  • Electric
  • Gas
  • Water
  • Telephone
  • Cable
  • Fuel
  • Water Treatment
  • Internet Service
  • Appliance Service


  • Magazine
  • Newspaper
  • Mail Order Houses
  • Book & Record Clubs

Professional Services

  • Child Care Provider
  • Doctor
  • Drug Store
  • Dentist
  • Lawyer
  • Broker


  • Schools
  • Library

Government Offices

  • Post Office
  • Veterans Affairs
  • Income Tax
  • Family Allowance
  • Old Age Security
  • Canada Pension
  • Driver’s Licence, you have 6 days to change address

Before Your Move

  • Set up a moving expense book. Some expenses may be tax deductible.
  • Free up clutter, if you have not used it in a year a garage sale may be in order or donate to local charitable organization.
  • If using a moving company check what their insurance will cover.
  • Ask about extra charges?
  • Have written confirmation of your move date and the total cost.

Final Moving Day Check

  • All meters read
  • Furnace turned down or off
  • Lights turned off
  • Windows and doors shut & locked
  • Keys left as agreed with new occupants
  • Telephone service discontinued

New Home Check

  • Items included in your deal
  • Meter Readings
  • Mailbox Keys
  • Blue Box
  • Garage Door Opener (if applicable)


Keep your home, family and contents secure by having your locks changed, you never know how many other keys to your dream are out there.

With rising fuel costs and energy conservation on everyone’s mind, remember to check your furnace filter regularly.

Furnace & duct cleaning are recommended to reduce the amount of dust and allergens being circulated through the air.

Other numbers:

City of Kitchener: 519-741-2345
City of Waterloo: 519-886-1550
Police: 519-653-7700
Grand River Hospital General Switchboard: 519-742-3611
St. Mary’s Hospital: (519) 744-3311